Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: AATON LTR 54

  1. #1
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi I know this is a long shot but have any of you used this camera. I am looking for a super 16mm camera and wanted to know what the users think. I wanted an a-minima but a complete kit is almost $25000 and I can pick up the AATON LTR 54 for about $11000 and an AATON LTR 7 for about $8000.
    Im not in a big hurry because it will be about a year before I buy another camera but wanted to ask. I kept looking at the Beaulieu 4008 for a year and a half before I broke down and got it. It might even be 2 years before I purchase another camera. I was going to shoot 16mm with a beaulieu from pro8mm but by the time I get the whole kit it would cost around $5k so why not go with super 16 for twice as much.
    Thanks
    Anthony Collins

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have an Aaton LTR54. It is a great camera I have shot a bunch of stuff with it. Very solid camera. Great for everything--The Minima is a nice liittle camera but a full sized camera is a better investment.

    I am selling my LTR54 if you want to discuss it send me an email. [email protected]

    Good Luck

  3. #3
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This last summer I was doing sound for a short film and the camera that was used was an Aaton super 16.

    Very nice, can't think of anything to say bad about it. Very quiet, great viewfinder. Wish I could have used it myself. I did pick up motor noise once in an interior shot, the mic was one foot away. Barely caught it...

    I guess with a camera like that, the lenses will really set you back. It really deserves a good set of primes.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sure would. I've kind of got my eye set on the a-minima but $25000 is a lot to pay for a student camera. It takes me 9 months to make that kind of money. [img]smile.gif[/img] guess it cost less than a baby and takes about the same amount of time [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member seekaee's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2001
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A while back I talked to the guy who runs Slowmotion and he was selling S16 Kinors with Toban motors for around $5k.I think it even came with a videotap of some sort.

    I didn't buy one from him but the one I bought from ebay I like tremondously.

    http://slowmotioninc.com

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 29, 2003 11:47 PM: Message edited by: seekaee ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •